We are proud to be providing key technical procurement services for DP World Southampton’s latest Ship to Shore Container Cranes.
These cranes are the largest Super Post Panamax STS Cranes in the UK. They have an under-spreader height of 53m and a boom capable of unloading Ultra Long Container Ships (ULCS) 24 containers wide.
What we’ve done:
Our experienced engineers have provided a range of services throughout the full procurement process. This has included:
- A comprehensive review of the crane design
- Third-party assurance services during the manufacture and factory acceptance
- Complete load out and offload services during shipping
- On-site assurance services during the erection process in Southampton
- Final commissioning and documentation sign-off.
Glenn Ward, Director of Engineering and Inspection at IMES International, said: “This significant investment from DP World is a huge boost for the region and shows their commitment to delivering increasing productivity for their clients.
“We’re proud to repeatedly play our part as DP World endeavour to overcome engineering challenges, and look forward to ensuring their assets are of the best quality and maintain their operational integrity.”