Engineering and Design Consultancy
Our focus is on giving clients complete confidence through an expert and specialist engineering team, working with you to address your engineering assessment needs, IMES provides a range of engineering and design consultancy services to clients seeking assurance on the integrity, compliance and operational safety of cranes and lifting equipment, structures, mechanical handling systems and other specialised equipment.
We have the engineering capability to deliver a diverse portfolio of specialist services;
- Independent Crane inspection, backed up by engineering analysis for :
- Procurement assistance
- Crane life expectancy
- Crane life extension
- Damage Assessment/ thickness loss/metal fatigue assessment
- Crane Suitability Assessment
- Advice on spares/repairs/inspection criteria
- Procedures and operations reviews
- Accident investigation/expert witness
- Engineering calculations for sea fasting/deck loadings/deck plans
- Bespoke spreader beam/bar design and build and associated bespoke spreader beam software for loading calculations and CoG
IMES has delivered independent engineering consultancy for a range of clients acting as the “customer friend” – ensuring clients receive the highest quality crane and lifting systems by assisting with the entire specification, design, engineering, procurement and commissioning process.
We have a strong engineering team, with extensive experience throughout our UK and USA offices, ensuring a wide breadth and depth of field discipline - structural, mechanical, electrical, system, design – to discuss and support your requirements.
A distinct offering from IMES is our ability to offer a complete inspection, engineering and monitoring package for cranes, lifting equipment and other specialised structures. This ensures that we quickly become very familiar with our clients’ assets and their needs, and can offer peace of mind to clients as they know that they are in safe and competent hands throughout the entire process.
Please contact us to discuss your engineering and design requirements further.